Pantechnicon building

Redevelopment of Grade II Listed building into circa 10,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant space in the heart of Grosvenor's Belgravia estate.

Designed by Aukett Swanke, the redevelopment of the Pantechnicon building on Motcomb Street will create circa 10,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant space in the heart of Grosvenor's Belgravia estate.

Neo-classical façade to be restored

Originally designed as a bazaar, the Pantechnicon building was constructed in 1830 but its grand neo-classical façade was the only part of the building not destroyed in a fire in 1874. The rooms behind the elevation are therefore modern and can be easily redeveloped, while the façade will be restored to its former glory.

The Grade II Listed Pantechnicon building has been the jewel in the crown of Motcomb Street since its construction in 1830. Grosvenor will now transform this three-storey building to create a flexible retail and restaurant space that will complement the existing offering on Motcomb Street and cement its reputation as one of London's best shopping destinations.

The redeveloped building will feature a basement suitable for a café or bar. The ground floor, double height mezzanine level and interconnected spaces on the first floor will offer exceptional open-plan retail space with the creation of a second floor restaurant and a glass terrace on the roof above which will provide a place to gather to enjoy drinks or dinner.

View all Grosvenor contacts