Boutique stores in Elizabeth Street, Pimlico Road and other areas in Belgravia will showcase their finest designs as part of ‘Designed in SW1.’
The week-long celebration of design and craftsmanship, in partnership with London Design Festival, takes place from 19 – 27 September. For the full schedule of free and ticketed events, visit www.grosvenorlondon.com.
Kicking off on 19 September with a pop-up digital art gallery, farmer’s market and live music in Orange Square, Pimlico Road, the week-long initiative showcases the craftsmanship behind brands such as LINLEY, FBC London, Les Senteurs and Wild at Heart. Visitors can enjoy live demonstrations, meet contemporary designers and create bespoke products in London’s finest art, design and fashion stores.
Will Bax, Director of Placemaking at Grosvenor Britain & Ireland said: “Belgravia has a long and established heritage as the home of design and craftsmanship. It is one of the elements that makes this part of London unique. Grosvenor’s long-term aspiration for Belgravia is to see it continue to evolve, maintaining and enhancing the area’s reputation for high-quality design and craftsmanship, including independent retailers that cannot be found elsewhere in London.”
On Tuesday, 22 September, Pimlico Road holds a late night shopping event until 8pm featuring Joanna Wood, Arthur Brett, Czech & Speake, FBC London, Howe, Jamb, John Adams Fine Art, Linley, Marc De Berny, Marston & Langinger and Ossowski.
· LINLEY, world-renowned interior designer, provides live window displays by craft and design specialists
· Wild at Heart, London’s leading luxury florist, hosts a flower arranging workshop
· Vicki Sarge, celebrated jeweller offers the ‘Trash to Treasure’ jewellery workshop, with Swarovski crystals and refreshments
· De le Cuona, leading luxury fabric designer, will run a ‘meet the maker’ afternoon with founder Bernie de le Cuona
· Salt will see contemporary Venezuelan fashion designer Yosuzi in store to meet visitors and add a personal touch to a selection of hats.
· Marston & Langinger, creators of beautiful garden rooms – clients can meet the design team and create a bespoke mood board to take home
· Howe, Mia Sabel, a master of leathercraft at the renowned upholstery and furniture designer, will set up a ‘Sabel Saddlery’ workshop at the Bourne Street showroom
· Les Senteurs, London’s oldest perfumery, previews the fine fragrance collection of Sebastian Alverez Murano, creator of fragrance brand La Siraneuse, Positano
· HR Stokes, London’s longest established stationers, hosts an in store demonstration of Laura Gillingham calligraphy skills
· Cubitt House, operator of local pubs and hotels, offers a ‘design-inspired’ pudding at The Orange on Pimlico Road and The Thomas Cubitt on Elizabeth Street
· Marc de Berney, renowned bespoke furniture house, will exhibit the Munira collection design by Francis Sultana and the Sparx collection by Jean-Louise Deniot.
· Howe, bespoke furniture and lighting designer, is running a live upholstery demonstration by Christopher Howe.
· FBC London, luxury furniture, lighting and accessories by interior designer Fiona Barratt-Campbell, will host designers talking about this season’s products.
· Joanna Wood’s team of interior design experts will be on hand to show visitors the new collections, & offering free interior design consultations.
Twitter: @Grosvenor_LDN #DesignedinSW1
Pimlico Road, Belgravia, London, SW1W is five minutes’ walk from Sloane Square London Underground station.
Elizabeth Street, Belgravia, London, SW1W is five minutes’ walk from Victoria station.
For more information contact:
Hamish McDougall/Sorrel Basher, Press Office
020 7312 6479/6101
Notes to Editors
About Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland is part of the Grosvenor Group.
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland’s mission is to create and recreate inspiring places and neighbourhoods, delivering value for customers, shareholders and co-investors with its place-making expertise.
It owns, develops and manages a diverse property portfolio in cities across Britain and Ireland. Business units are focused on its London estate, comprising 300 acres of Mayfair and Belgravia in the heart of the UK’s capital, and developments elsewhere in London, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge and Southampton.
As at 31 December 2014, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland had £5.2bn of assets under management.