From 23-28 May Belgravia hosts ‘Belgravia in Bloom,’ a series of installations, floral displays and events coinciding with the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Chelsea Flower Show in central London.
The area’s boutiques, restaurants, homes and schools are all taking part in the event, which is organised by Grosvenor Britain & Ireland (Grosvenor) on its London estate, in association with the RHS.
Belgravia in Bloom is open to the public and has a royal theme, celebrating Her Majesty the Queen’s 90th birthday. Union Jack flags have been raised in key locations across Belgravia as part of the festivities.
Will Bax, Placemaking Director, London estate at Grosvenor Britain & Ireland, said: “Belgravia in Bloom highlights the strong sense of community in Belgravia. This is a great opportunity to bring together the residents, retailers and local schools in a fun and creative way. We want Belgravia to be one of the greenest districts in London and this initiative will help achieve that, bringing the streets to life. We are thrilled to be working with the Royal Horticultural Society to showcase the best of Belgravia.”
Belgravia is one of London’s most vibrant and elegant destinations with grand architecture, timeless buildings, refreshing open spaces, gourmet restaurants and cutting edge luxury fashion. There are over 300 thriving and eclectic businesses within the area, nestled around three key shopping streets: Elizabeth Street, Motcomb Street and Pimlico Road.
The full programme can be found at http://www.grosvenorlondon.com/whats-on/belgravia-in-bloom/
Belgravia in Bloom includes the following activities:
- Walking tours of Belgravia hosted by Fox & Squirrel, an award-winning walking tour company, to showcase the area’s timeless architecture and elegant history
- Pop-up garden installations along the walking route
- Neill Strain recreating his renowned floral arch ‘For the love of Orchards,’ outside his store on West Halkin Street,
- Judith Blacklock creating a floral arch on Kinnerton Street and hosting wreath-making classes at her flower school
- Floral-themed menus available at Belgraves, The Alfred Tennyson, The Orange, The Thomas Cubitt, Pierre Herme, Fine Cheese Co., The Berkeley, Peggy Porschen and Motcombs
- Floral displays in the retail stores across Belgravia including Rococo Chocolates, Mosimann’s, Joanna Wood, Soane Britain, No.11, So Far So near, Grace Belgravia, Donna Ida, Stivaleria Cavallin, Bionda Castana, Wild at Heart, Rose Uniacke, Salt, Beulah, MichaelJohn medispa, Okapi, Louise Kennedy, The Dining Chair Company, Cluttons, Jumeirah Lowndes, Bijoux Medi Spa, Coote & Bernardi, Collier Webb
- An interactive competition for local residents and retailers to see who can create the most impressive royal-inspired floral displays.
- 22 May – The opening of “Freedom Street” on Orange Square, a garden installation by the Bishop of London and garden designer Juliet Sargent as part of the Chelsea Fringe festival to raise awareness of modern slavery
- 25 May – A creative competition for the local schoolchildren, with a ‘colouring in’ award
- 26 May – An awards presentation for the floral display competition at Belgrave’s hotel
- 28 May – Iconic British furniture brand LINLEY hosting a willow sculpture that will flow across the front of the shop as well as holding a willow sculpture workshop in-store
For more information contact:
020 7312 6263/6101
Notes to Editors
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland is part of the Grosvenor Group. Grosvenor Britain & Ireland’s mission is to create and recreate inspiring places and neighbourhoods, delivering value for customers, shareholders and co-investors with its place-making expertise.
It owns, develops and manages a diverse property portfolio in cities across Britain and Ireland. Business units are focused on its London estate, comprising 300 acres of Mayfair and Belgravia in the heart of the UK’s capital, and developments elsewhere in London, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge and Southampton.
As at 31 December 2014, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland had £5.2bn of assets under management.
TWITTER - LINKEDIN - YOUTUBE